Tender Chicken Nuggets
Four ingredients are all it takes to create these moist golden bites that are healthier than fast food. "I serve them with ranch dressing and barbecue sauce for dipping," reports Lynne Hahn of Winchester, California.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and cheese.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg white. Dip chicken pieces in egg
- white, then place in bag and shake to coat.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until no
- longer pink, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked chicken equals 194 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.