Tender Chicken for Two Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place the flour, salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat for 3-1/2 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and green pepper until crisp-tender. Stir in the ketchup, water and sherry or broth. Add chicken; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 14-16 minutes or until juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Tender Chicken for Two
"Super simple to prepare. I had a bag of frozen red, orange & yellow peppers in the freezer that I tossed a handful in the pan. Didn't have fresh, but a can of mushroom pieces and away we went! I really enjoyed it and will fix it again."
"Tasty and simple. Nice flavor"