Tender Chicken for Two Recipe
Begin dinner with the delightful Tender Chicken for Two from Rosena Vrshek of Phoenix, Arizona. Instead of traditional tomatoes, her version of chicken cacciatore uses ketchup, which imparts a slightly sweet flavor. “Serve it with rice or mashed potatoes, “she suggests.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- Place the flour, salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat for 3-1/2 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and green pepper until crisp-tender. Stir in the ketchup, water and sherry or broth. Add chicken; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 14-16 minutes or until juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tender Chicken for Two in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p21
Reviews for Tender Chicken for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2014
"Tasty and simple. Nice flavor"