Tender Chicken Dinner
This all-in-one poultry dinner from Wanda Sanner of Amarillo, Texas provides lots of family-appeal. “It can be put together so fast before you leave for school or work,” she says.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/4 hours
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 2 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup French-fried onions
- Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the broth, gravy, potatoes,
- carrots, beans and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 5-1/2
- hours or until chicken is tender.
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices.
- Sprinkle with onions. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until
- Yield: 4 servings.