Tender Cherry Shortbread Cookies Recipe
I cant begin to imagine how many dozens of these lucious cookies I have made over the years. The drizzled chocolate catches the eye of everyone who walks past the cookie tray...and prompts them to try one or two. —Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:48 servings
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender flowers, optional
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup white baking chips, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cornstarch and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in cherries and lavender if desired. Divide dough in half.
- 2. Roll each portion into an 8-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or until firm. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 3. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle each with melted dark and white chips. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 160 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC