I cant begin to imagine how many dozens of these lucious cookies I have made over the years. The drizzled chocolate catches the eye of everyone who walks past the cookie tray...and prompts them to try one or two. —Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender flowers, optional
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup white baking chips, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cornstarch and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in cherries and lavender if desired. Divide dough in half.
- Roll each portion into an 8-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or until firm. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle each with melted dark and white chips. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Tender Cherry Shortbread Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p78
Reviews for Tender Cherry Shortbread Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review