- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tender Buttermilk Corn Bread(4)
Sort By :
Plan to try ths recipe as I researched it by healthy status and by diabetic standards. I am expecting it to be somewhat bland as is normal for most sodium restcted and sugar restricted diets.
Really disappointed. The recipe on the corn meal canister is much better. This was just bland and boring.
texture was good, but the flavor needs some work. maby more sugar and salt. It sure tasted blhaaa
This recipe was gross. Not sure what was wrong, but it tasted horrible. Sorry.
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cornbread Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >