Tender Biscuits for Two
These quick and easy rolls are lower in fat but not flavor. They'll dress up any weeknight meal. —Ane Burke, Bella Vista, Arkansas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon fat-free plain yogurt
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
- Cut in cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in
- milk and yogurt just until moistened.
- Drop by scant 1/3 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a baking sheet coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden
- brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 2 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit equals 142 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.