Tender Beef Rouladen Recipe
When Mother made meat for a Sunday dinner, it was a terrific treat. My favorite is this tender beef dish, which gets its great flavor from Dijon mustard.
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 8 slices top round steak, 1/4 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- Pepper to taste
- 8 turkey bacon strips
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Lightly spread mustard on each slice of steak; sprinkle with seasoning blend and pepper.
- 2. Place 1 bacon strip and a few onion wedges on each slice; roll up and secure with wooden toothpicks. Brown in a skillet in oil; drain. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Remove meat and keep warm. Combine flour and water until smooth; stir into broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Remove toothpicks from meat and return to gravy; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 299 calories, 16g fat (0g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tender Beef Rouladen
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC