Olivia Gust of Salem, Oregon dresses up stew meat with noodles and a slightly sweet red sauce for this satisfying main dish. "It goes great with a salad and garlic bread,' Olivia notes.
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound beef stew meat
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small skillet, brown beef and onion in oil; drain. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and mustard; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Stir in parsley if desired. Serve with beef. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tender Beef over Noodles in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p39
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tender Beef over Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review