Tender Beef over Noodles Recipe
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound beef stew meat
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a small skillet, brown beef and onion in oil; drain. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and mustard; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until thickened.
- 4. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Stir in parsley if desired. Serve with beef. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 385 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Tender Beef over Noodles
"Very yummy and easy recipe for a weeknight dinner :) Only gave it 4 stars because it badly needed salt! I didn't brown the meat and it turned out delicious, also cooked it in the oven on 300C for 2-1/2 hours."
"I've been making this recipe since 2009 and I'm making it again tomorrow. I love it!!"
"Very easy to make and quite good. I doubled the recipe and made it for my daughters as well and the enjoyed it."
"The beef was tender but the sauce had too much of a ketchup taste to it"
"Delicious!!! My husband loved it and has already requested I make it again and I will!But i doubled the noodles to 2 cups which worked out much better. I could see I was going to have a lot of meat mixture, even though I followed the recipe. Wonderful flavor!"
"As granolamomma said this is more of a very mild bbq flavor. I didn't care for it and won't make again."
"Uck..this is the first recipe that i have not like..at taste of home.To sweet,i could not eat it."
"My boyfriend and I tried this dish on a whimb it is very different but different in a good way that will keep you coming back for seconds."
"More of a mild bbq flavor, sweet. It was not what I was looking for. Wasted a lot of good beef on this one.If you like that bbq flavor with noodles, I guess it would be all right."
"Flavor was too sweet, even after cutting the brown sugar in half."
"very good and very simple. we had lots of leftovers but they got eaten up quickly!"
"this dish was very good.i made this for dinner one night, three youngsters gobbled it down and wanted more. its a keeper."
"Very easy, used burgandy wine for 1/2 of liquid and used small sirloin steak for beef."
"I grew up with my mom serving this dish. We call it Hungarian Goulash and it is wonderful. All of my children love it too. I use a pressure cooker to cook the meat and that reduces the cook time to 20 min."