Tender Beef and Noodles Recipe
Because I often work outside with my husband on our cattle ranch, I appreciate convenient recipes like this. The main dish cooks by itself and is ready for us when we come in the house. If you like, substitute stew meat for the roast. Either way, it's a hearty everyday meal with a special tasty twist. Darrell and I are the parents of two girls, both grown and off on their own. -Nancy Peterson, Farmington, British Columbia
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook beef and onions in butter until the meat is browned. Add the next nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 425 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Tender Beef and Noodles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC