Tender Beef and Noodles Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook beef and onions in butter until the meat is browned. Add the next nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 425 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Tender Beef and Noodles
"Have beef bones and this will give another recipe to use them with. Thanks so much. I too am on a farm......"
"Thankful there's takeout!! This was terrible :("
"Just discovered this recipe today, October 23. Looks very easy. Have a chuck roast in freezerto use, and this sounds perfect! Thank You."
"Tastes like the famous Carmen's Italian vodka sauce, unbelievable that it was so easy! Sharing with friends! Thank you!"
"Good. I doubled the 9 ingredients to have more sauce. Need to use less salt. Left out the caraway seeds b/c my family doesn't like them. Forgot the sour cream, but it was good without it (added it in late and it was still good)."
"Tasty dish but I would cut back on the caraway seed. Other than that it is delicious"
"I added roast corn and carrots cooked with roast in slow cooker. Very good"
"My family loved this recipe. I would make over and over again!"
"I love a good beef and egg noodles recipe. The flavor was good. The only thing I would do is cut back on the salt the next time I make it."
"This is a little different than anything usually on our menu, but we truly enjoyed it! Very flavorful and easy to prepare!"
"My mother always made beef and noodles when i was a kid. I have always used her recipe but decided to try something different. This recipe is SO much better than my mothers!! It was delicious and i couldn't stop eating it. I plan to make it again very soon."