Tender Beef 'n' Bean Stew Recipe
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons uncooked long grain rice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until the beef is tender. Stir in the tomato sauce; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with the cheese and sour cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Tender Beef 'n' Bean Stew
Sort By :
Saving recipe just today, Not fans of green chiles OR chili powder ~ will probably make into casserole of some sort.
Used RoTel in place of the diced tomatoes and omitted olives (we don't like). I thought it could've used a more substantial amount of rice but overall had nice flavor!
I make this all the time. . . Fast easy prep, I even just take the stew meat from the freezer to the crock pot if I forget to take it out. Making it tonight can hardly wait!
After this stew was cooked, I put it in a casserole dish, poured cornbread batter over it and baked it in the oven until the cornbread was done. We loved it!!!
This has become one of my standard slow cooker recipes. Everyone loves it.