"I often whip up this easy stew on days when I am juggling a lot of the kids' sports schedules," Juline Goelzer of Arroyo Grande, California says of this healthy and hearty entree. "Add a green salad and some corn bread or homemade rolls for a perfect meal."
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons uncooked long grain rice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until the beef is tender. Stir in the tomato sauce; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with the cheese and sour cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Tender Beef 'N' Bean Stew in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p23
Reviews for Tender Beef 'n' Bean Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review