Tender BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1. In a pressure cooker, brown chicken in oil in batches over medium heat. Remove chicken and keep warm. Combine the barbecue sauce, onions and green pepper in pressure cooker. Return chicken to the pan; stir to coat.
- 2. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Yield: 4 servings.
2 piece: 423 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 1114mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein
Reviews for Tender BBQ Chicken
"I love my pressure cooker everything is good. Can not wait to try this recipe. More pressure cooker recipes would be great. Thanks for sharing."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.