Tender BBQ Chicken Recipe
“When we can’t barbecue on the grill, I bring out my pressure cooker for this fall-off-the-bone BBQ chicken,” relates field editor Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida. Her jazzed-up BBQ sauce adds good flavor.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- In a pressure cooker, brown chicken in oil in batches over medium heat. Remove chicken and keep warm. Combine the barbecue sauce, onions and green pepper in pressure cooker. Return chicken to the pan; stir to coat.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tender Barbecued Chicken in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p45
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tender BBQ Chicken(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >