- 1 beef top round roast (4 pounds) , halved
- 1-1/2 cups apple juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, brown roast on all sides over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the juice, tomato sauce, onion, vinegar, salt, cinnamon and ginger; pour over roast. Cover and cook on high for 5-7 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices until well combined. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until the meat is tender and gravy begins to thicken. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tender Bavarian Pot Roast
Sort By :
"I made this in the Crock Pot on Sunday and the house smelled delicious! I thought that the flavor was just OK. It smelled better than it tasted. It was overall too sweet. If I do it again, I will cut down on the juice and add some diced tomatoes or some other veggie to the pot."
"Very easy, and since i used a crock pot liner it was easy to clean up after. As for the taste, i thought it was just ok, but my husband said it was really, really, really good!"
"My sisiter's Birthday Dinner- Yummo!"
"luv this delicious dinner,"
"Very different taste than what we're used to; my husband and I loved it!"