Tender Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup cola
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion and lemon slices. Combine barbecue sauce and cola; pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 355 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 771 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.