Tender Barbecued Chicken Recipe
"I'm a teacher and work most of the day, so slow-cooked meals are a great help," relates Jacqueline Blanton from Gaffney, South Carolina. One of her family's favorites is this moist slow-simmered chicken. For an appealing look, choose a darker brown barbecue sauce.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup cola
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion and lemon slices. Combine barbecue sauce and cola; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tender Barbecued Chicken in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tender Barbecued Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review