Tender Barbecued Brisket Recipe
- 1 bottle (10 ounces) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 fresh beef brisket (about 5 pounds)
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) ketchup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the brisket. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place brisket on a large sheet of heavy-duty foil; seal tightly. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Remove brisket; let stand for 20 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine sauce ingredients; pour over meat. Cover and bake for 1 hour or until heated through. Brisket may be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 12 servings.
3 ounces equals 297 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 2,417 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 42 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.