Tender Barbecued Brisket Recipe
- 1 bottle (10 ounces) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 fresh beef brisket (about 5 pounds)
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) ketchup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the brisket. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place brisket on a large sheet of heavy-duty foil; seal tightly. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket; let stand for 20 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine sauce ingredients; pour over meat. Cover and bake for 1 hour or until heated through. Brisket may be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tender Barbecued Brisket
Sort By :
"I made this brisket for a family get-together. I had all of the marinade ingredients on hand which is one reason that I chose this recipe. I took it out after the 4 hours and it was so delicious, moist and tender that my husband didn't want me to add the barbecue sauce to it because he didn't want me to "mess with perfection". So, I can attest that the brisket was absolutely delicious without the sauce. However, I think that adding the barbecue sauce will give a bit of sweetness to the brisket that will complement the savory flavor."