Tender 'n' Tangy Ribs
"These ribs are so simple to prepare," confides Denise Hathaway Valasek of Perrysburg, Ohio. "Just brown them, then combine with the sauce ingredients in your slow cooker. Serve them at noon...or let them cook all day for falling-off-the-bone tenderness."
2-3 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 3/4 to 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cut ribs
- into serving-size pieces; brown in a skillet in oil. Transfer to
- slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until tender.
- Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 689 calories, 48 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 1,110 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein.