Here's a great-tasting way to use up leftover turkey and eat your broccoli at the same time! It's a perfect Day After Thanksgiving dinner for when you get back from the traditional shopping spree! —Donna Evans, Mayville, Wisconsin
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup process cheese sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/3 cup canned mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon pimientos, chopped
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk cheese sauce and milk. Add the broccoli, turkey, mushrooms, pimientos, onion powder and poultry seasoning. Drain pasta; add to broccoli mixture.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Tempting Turkey Casserole in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p61
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Tempting Turkey Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review