- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts or almonds
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form around the edge of pan, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Add extract, candy bars and semisweet chocolate; stir until smooth. Press plastic wrap onto surface of mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 12 balls; roll in nuts. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Tempting Truffles in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p41
Reviews for Tempting Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2010
"This is the TRUE French way of making truffles! It's easy and ohh so perfect!"