These melt-in-your mouth morsels are sure to woo your truelove...and anyone else who has a sweet tooth! Our Test Kitchen staff came up with the recipe for the silky smooth truffles.
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts or almonds
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form around the edge of pan, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Add extract, candy bars and semisweet chocolate; stir until smooth. Press plastic wrap onto surface of mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 12 balls; roll in nuts. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Tempting Truffles in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p41
Reviews for Tempting Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2010
"This is the TRUE French way of making truffles! It's easy and ohh so perfect!"