Tempting Tomato Cups Recipe
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1. Cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato. Leaving a 1/4-in.-thick shell, scoop out pulp (discard pulp or save for another use). Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, celery, green pepper, onion, mayonnaise, garlic salt if desired and pepper; mix well. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with olives if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
1 each: 129 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Tempting Tomato Cups
"Great combination of flavors! Especially good with tomatoes fresh from the garden."