- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken on both sides. Place vegetables in a 4-qt. slow cooker; add chicken. In a small bowl, mix the preserves, maple syrup, teriyaki sauce, ginger and cayenne; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and vegetables to a platter; keep warm.
- Transfer cooking liquid to a small saucepan. Skim fat. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tempting Teriyaki Chicken Stew
Sort By :
"Wonderful! Just wish they'd included nutritional info so I could adjust my diet/eating accordingly."
"This is way too sweet for me. As for my husband, he made no comment. So I don't think I would use this recipe again."
"I threw everything in over my 30 min. lunch break so I skipped browning the thighs. I substituted the 1/2 cup syrup for 1/2 cup honey. I also used Wondra flour instead of cornstarch to avoid the "gloopy" gravy texture.It had A LOT of flavor. I'll probably serve this over rice or noodles next time."
"Really easy, with ingredients I usually have in my kitchen. It was a bit salty for our taste, but I think a low sodium teryaki sauce would do the trick."
"This is pretty delicious, its really sweet. No need for dessert after this for dinner."