Tempting Shrimp Phyllo Tarts
Writes Heather Melnick of Macedon, New York, “this appetizer has been a real hit at church receptions and family events.” With shrimp, a little wine, and phyllo, these little tarts will “upscale” any party.
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine or fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and wine or
- milk. Stir in the shrimp, onion powder, salt and thyme. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Spoon filling by heaping teaspoonfuls into tart shells. Place on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until
- shells are lightly browned. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tarts equals 76 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.