- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine or fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and wine or milk. Stir in the shrimp, onion powder, salt and thyme. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Spoon filling by heaping teaspoonfuls into tart shells. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until shells are lightly browned. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tempting Shrimp Phyllo Tarts
Sort By :
"Everyone always asks us to make or bring this appetizer. It is everyone's favorite, even our neighbor who doesn't like shrimp!"
"We added 3 or 4 slices of Kalamata and green olive after baking. Next time we may add chopped olives with the crab mixture before baking."