Tempting Caramel Apple Pudding with Gingersnap Crust Recipe
The crunchy apple topping gives way to a creamy layer of cream cheese and butterscotch-caramel pudding. The gingersnap crust lends a spicy touch. —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
- 2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 40 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/4 cups cold 2% milk, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup hot caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 medium Red Delicious, Gala or Cortland apple, chopped
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and butter until blended; press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and 1/4 cup milk until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over crust.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk remaining milk and pudding mixes 2 minutes; let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in 1/4 cup caramel topping. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 4. Spread remaining whipped topping over top. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until filling is firm.
- 5. Just before serving, top with apples; drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 15 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC