Teddy Carrot Bars Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (7 ounces) applesauce baby food
- 1 jar (4 ounces) carrot baby food
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 24 cinnamon bear-shaped crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, combine the baby foods, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients just until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Add enough to milk to achieve desired consistency. Place a dollop of frosting on each bar; top with a bear-shaped graham cracker. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 135 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Teddy Carrot Bars
"These bars were very good, my two daughters are very fussy, and they couldn't get enough!"
"I'm making this for the second time. It's a big hit! (And adorable too!!)"