Teddy Carrot Bars Recipe
I was sure to point out to the mother-to-be and shower guests that these yummy bars include two jars of baby food! Decorating them with purchased Teddy Grahams takes very little time and conveniently carries out the theme. -Susan Schuller, Brainerd, Minnesota
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (7 ounces) applesauce baby food
- 1 jar (4 ounces) carrot baby food
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 24 cinnamon bear-shaped crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, combine the baby foods, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients just until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Add enough to milk to achieve desired consistency. Place a dollop of frosting on each bar; top with a bear-shaped graham cracker. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC