Teddy Carrot Bars Recipe
I was sure to point out to the mother-to-be and shower guests that these yummy bars include two jars of baby food! Decorating them with purchased Teddy Grahams takes very little time and conveniently carries out the theme. -Susan Schuller, Brainerd, Minnesota
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (7 ounces) applesauce baby food
- 1 jar (4 ounces) carrot baby food
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 24 cinnamon bear-shaped crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, combine the baby foods, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients just until blended.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Add enough to milk to achieve desired consistency. Place a dollop of frosting on each bar; top with a bear-shaped graham cracker. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Teddy Carrot Bars in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p37
Reviews for Teddy Carrot Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2013
These bars were very good, my two daughters are very fussy, and they couldn't get enough!
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2010
I'm making this for the second time. It's a big hit! (And adorable too!!)