- surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in
- a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover
- and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; cover and let
- rest for 10 minutes. Roll into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut in
- half, forming two 16-in. x 6-in. strips. Spread cranberry filling
- down the center of each strip to within 1 in. of long edge. Fold
- lengthwise over filling and pinch seam to seal. Cut each strip into
- eight pieces. With a kitchen scissors, cut each piece two times from
- pinched seam to about 1 in. from folded side. Push an almond into
- the end of each section for bear claws.
- Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Curve
- folded side slightly to separate strips and allow filling to show.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool. Combine icing ingredients; spread over
- rolls. Yield: 16 rolls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 roll equals 223 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.