Teddy Bear Biscuits
"Children can't resist helping to assemble these cute cinnamony bears before baking," remarks Catherine Berra Bleem of Walsh, Illinois. "Refrigerated biscuit dough makes them easy, convenient and fun!"
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 9 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- For each bear, shape one biscuit into an oval for the body and place
- on a greased baking sheet. Cut one biscuit into four pieces; shape
- into balls for arms and legs. Place next to body.
- Cut one biscuit into two small pieces and one large pieces; shape
- into head and ears and place above body. Brush with egg. Combine
- sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over bears.
- Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes (the one remaining biscuit can be
- baked with the bears)or until golden brown. Place chocolate chips on
- head for eyes and nose while the biscuits are still warm. Yield: 3