"Children can't resist helping to assemble these cute cinnamony bears before baking," remarks Catherine Berra Bleem of Walsh, Illinois. "Refrigerated biscuit dough makes them easy, convenient and fun!"
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 9 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- For each bear, shape one biscuit into an oval for the body and place on a greased baking sheet. Cut one biscuit into four pieces; shape into balls for arms and legs. Place next to body.
- Cut one biscuit into two small pieces and one large pieces; shape into head and ears and place above body. Brush with egg. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over bears.
- Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes (the one remaining biscuit can be baked with the bears)or until golden brown. Place chocolate chips on head for eyes and nose while the biscuits are still warm. Yield: 3 bears.
Originally published as Teddy Bear Biscuits in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p41
Reviews for Teddy Bear Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review