Tebow Family Pizza Pie
A Tim Tebow favorite, this recipe is quick and easy - it uses refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough for the crust! —Pam Tebow, Jacksonville, FL
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope Italian-style spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook and stir beef and pepper over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the sauce mix, tomato
- paste and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 7-10
- minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Separate biscuits; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a
- greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate to form a crust. Sprinkle with 1/4
- cup Parmesan cheese; fill with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown
- and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.