Teapot Cranberry Relish Recipe
A Christmas party at the tearoom we operate inspired my friend and me to create this relish. An instant hit, it turned everyone who tried it into a cranberry lover. When served in a glass dish, it's pretty enough to be the centerpiece of your table.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 cups dried cherries or golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the cranberries, sugar and juices over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Add the cherries and orange peel. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup equals 165 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Teapot Cranberry Relish
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC