Teapot Cranberry Relish Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 cups dried cherries or golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the cranberries, sugar and juices over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Add the cherries and orange peel. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup: 165 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Teapot Cranberry Relish
"Very good. I decrease the sugar as it is too sweetI get asked to make this every year for Thanksgiving. My nieces take home the leftovers to use on turkey sandwiches."
"Really good, refreshing recipe. As a diabetic 42gm carb is way off the charts and I had to afdapt the sugar content. I adapted the recipe trying splenda in moderation, as well as truvia and other sugar base substituets. The only thing using these products if that the are 20X sweeter, often have an after taste and do not do well under heat or extreme cold. Adding them at end of recipe or cooking time is best. Less is best and more appealling to the taste. The juces alone are sweet enough, as are the fruits .I made this for a group of Seniors at a church function. I had many coming to ask about the dish and the recipe. Which I was happy to share."