Teapot Cranberry Relish
A Christmas party at the tearoom we operate inspired my friend and me to create this relish. An instant hit, it turned everyone who tried it into a cranberry lover. When served in a glass dish, it's pretty enough to be the centerpiece of your table.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 cups dried cherries or golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, cook the cranberries, sugar and juices over
- medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Add the
- cherries and orange peel. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cool
- Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 165 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.