A Christmas party at the tearoom we operate inspired my friend and me to create this relish. An instant hit, it turned everyone who tried it into a cranberry lover. When served in a glass dish, it's pretty enough to be the centerpiece of your table.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 cups dried cherries or golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, cook the cranberries, sugar and juices over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Add the cherries and orange peel. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Teapot Cranberry Relish in Country Woman November/December 2002, p31
Reviews for Teapot Cranberry Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review