Teacher's Caviar Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained and quartered
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, oil, honey, salt and cayenne. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Serve with baked chips. Yield: 8 cups.
1/4 cup: 56 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch
Reviews for Teacher's Caviar
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.