Tea Room Chicken Salad
The secret to our chicken salad is just plain fresh (not frozen) chicken, cooked in water with a little salt. We usually make 20 pounds at a time, but our cook, Dorothy, and I have cut down the recipe quantity.Mary Henry, Knoxville, Tennessee
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, celery, mustard, poppy seeds and
- salt. Fold in chicken. Cover and chill for 3 to 4 hours. Top with
- pecans before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 492 calories, 38 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.