- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 2 individual round sponge cakes (about 3 inches)
- 1 can (12 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Green food coloring
- 6 prepared rose decorations
- 1 tube yellow decorating icing with star tip
- Wooden toothpicks or skewers
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into a greased and floured 1-1/2-qt. ovenproof bowl (about 6-1/2 in. wide x 4 in. tall). Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from bowl to a wire rack; cool completely.
- Cut a 1-1/2-in. circle from the center of one sponge cake; discard center. Cut the remaining portion into three pieces, one small, one medium and one large. Freeze until firm.
- To assemble, place bowl-shaped cake upside down on a serving plate for teapot. For lid, trim the second sponge cake to desired size; place on top of pot. Tint frosting green; spread over teapot and lid. Place prepared roses on sides of cake.
- For the knob, frost the small frozen sponge cake piece; attach to lid with a toothpick. For spout, trim medium piece to desired size, cutting bottom end at an angle to fit flat against teapot; frost and attach to front of pot with toothpicks. For handle, trim ends of large piece at an angle; frost and attach to back of pot with toothpicks.
- With yellow icing, pipe a star border around bottom of teapot, lid and knob. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Tea Party Cake
Sort By :
"**** Good one!! and tasty yummy ****"
"Great quick cake! Absolutely adorable...."
"Awesome recipe :)"
"What a great recipe. I only changed 2 things for my 8 yr olds party. 1- I made purple frosting (her favorite color) 2- I used 2 old fashioned donuts 1 for the top and the other I cut for the handle and spout. Oh I also stuck an unwrapped blow pop thru the top for the knob. What a hit. Thank you for a quick and easy cake!!"