I've baked many batches of different cookies through the years, but family and friends tell me these are the best. The simple buttery flavor appeals to all.
54 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to
- the creamed mixture (the dough will be soft).
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at
- 375° for 7-8 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 81 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.