Recipe provided by Taylor Hicks
- 2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Boil the pasta in a 2-quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7-9 minutes. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheeses (reserve 1/4 cup of the cheddar). Stir until the cheeses melt.
- Add the sour cream, salt, milk, mustard, garlic powder and pepper to the butter/cheese mixture and stir well. Then add drained pasta and mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish coated with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake, uncovered at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Taylor Hicks' Gooey Mac and Cheese in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications 2013
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Taylor Hicks' Gooey Mac and Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review