"Since I love potatoes and my husband and I both enjoy the flavor of tacos, this fun dish is a tasty meal-in-one for the two of us," comments Eleanor Mielke (left with her husband, Tom) of Mitchell, South Dakota. "It's not as messy as eating tacos...and the recipe can easily be doubled."
- 2 cups frozen miniature Tater Tots
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Bake Tater Tots according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. Divide Tater Tots between two serving plates or bowls.
- Top with taco mixture, cheese, olives, lettuce, taco sauce and sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tater Tot Taco Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tater Tot Taco Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review