- 4 cups frozen miniature Tater Tots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Bake Tater Tots according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- To serve, top Tater Tots with beef mixture, cheese, lettuce and, if desired, olives. Serve with taco sauce and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tater Tot-chos
Sort By :
"Very easy and adaptable to what you have on hand. Husband really enjoyed it!"
"This was a neat idea, we used more meat than stated and added some chiken. Some rolled them up like meat and potato burritos. We might do this again, it wasn't a huge hit."
"These were okay, but my family ended up adding the tater tots inside our soft shell tacos. We will stick with our regular tacos instead of adding the extra work/dishes of tater tots. Thanks for the idea though!"
"These were delicious! My whole family loved them even though my husband wasn't sure at first they are now one of his favorite meals."
"This recipe was a lot of fun and everyone enjoyed it; however, I could not find miniature tater tots anywhere. Is there a particular brand one needs to get? Checked several stores and nobody had them. The regular size tots worked okay but I can see how a miniature version might be better."