Playing with food is loads of fun when you have Tater Tots and taco toppings. Let kids build their own for smiles all around. — Eleanor Mielke, Mitchell, South Dakota
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups frozen miniature Tater Tots
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Bake Tater Tots according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes
- or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco
- seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or
- until thickened.
- To serve, top Tater Tots with beef mixture, cheese, lettuce and, if
- desired, olives. Serve with taco sauce and sour cream. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 375 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 828 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.