- 4 cups frozen miniature Tater Tots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Bake Tater Tots according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- To serve, top Tater Tots with beef mixture, cheese, lettuce and, if desired, olives. Serve with taco sauce and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tater Tot-chos
"I added chopped onion and green, red, and yellow bell pepper while cooking ground beef. This turned out so good and was so easy to make. The tater tots give it a whole different taste than regular tacos. Would also make be good burrito filling."
"This is both good and simple, very easy to adapt to various tastes. I'm a fan of tater-tots because they're gluten-free. (I think the only thing I haven't put either over or under tots is spaghetti sauce and I'll probably try that, too.)"
"Great recipe.Increase the meat & cheese, add some onion & black beans."
"Very easy and adaptable to what you have on hand. Husband really enjoyed it!"
"This was a neat idea, we used more meat than stated and added some chiken. Some rolled them up like meat and potato burritos. We might do this again, it wasn't a huge hit."