- 4 cups frozen miniature Tater Tots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Bake Tater Tots according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- To serve, top Tater Tots with beef mixture, cheese, lettuce and, if desired, olives. Serve with taco sauce and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tater Tot-chos
Sort By :
"I added chopped onion and green, red, and yellow bell pepper while cooking ground beef. This turned out so good and was so easy to make. The tater tots give it a whole different taste than regular tacos. Would also make be good burrito filling."
"This is both good and simple, very easy to adapt to various tastes. I'm a fan of tater-tots because they're gluten-free. (I think the only thing I haven't put either over or under tots is spaghetti sauce and I'll probably try that, too.)"
"Great recipe.Increase the meat & cheese, add some onion & black beans."
"Very easy and adaptable to what you have on hand. Husband really enjoyed it!"
"This was a neat idea, we used more meat than stated and added some chiken. Some rolled them up like meat and potato burritos. We might do this again, it wasn't a huge hit."