Tater Tot Casseroles Recipe
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, beans, corn, 1 cup cheese, milk, garlic powder, seasoned salt and cayenne. Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Top with Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 2. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- 3. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
1 piece equals 370 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 1,085 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.