I often make this all-in-one dish ahead of time and reheat it for reunions and potlucks. No additional salt is needed...there's just enough in the soups. --Rosa Dietzier, Santa Rosa, California
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the beef,
- vegetables and onions. Dot with butter.
- In a bowl, combine soups and milk; spread over vegetables. Top with
- Tater Tots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until golden
- brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
When you remove the Tater-Topped Casserole from the oven, sprinkle with a little shredded cheddar, mozzarella or Swiss cheese.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 482 calories, 31 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,006 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.