- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Spread with soup. Top with frozen potatoes. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Tater-Topped Casserole
"I grew up eating tater tot casserole and I still love it! I have substituted cubed chicken for the ground beef. Gives it a totally different taste but still good!"
"This was easy and good for a weeknight supper. I'm thinking next time I might try some of the other suggestions to change it up a bit. It got a "3" from my husband and son."
"My kids LOVE this recipe! This one is dish that they can all agree on. Easy to have recipe items on hand to throw together."
"Everyone devoured it!"
"My kids and husband loved this dish!!!"
"Quick and easy, my family loves this dish. I make it all the time"
"I have had this recipe a long time from one of your older beef cookbooks. I sometimes substitue cheddar cheese soup instead of cream of celery. It makes it extra cheesy."
"This is a family favorite. I used cream of mushroom once with it when I had no cream of celery. It's just a delicious comfort food. Will make again. Don't add the salt."
"This is yummy comfort food! When I make it, I use lean ground turkey, extra celery, and I stir 1/4 cup of low-fat sour cream or greek yogurt in with the soup. It makes it creamier. I also try to use the lower fat soup and lower fat cheese to make it healthier. :) It always tastes great!"
"This is a keeper but I won't add the salt in next time. The other ingredients make it salty enough."