Tater-Topped Beef Casserole Recipe
Everyday ingredients like ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, melted cheese and crunchy tater tots combine to create this fun, easy and yummy casserole from Nancy Koper of Highland, New York.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and milk.
- 2. Transfer to a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with Tater Tots.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 525 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,292 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC